As we have said before, we WILL undertake to call, fax AND e-mail every single parent and guardian - at home, work AND cottage, including land line AND cell - to advise them of the status of practices and games on every single day that it looks like it MIGHT or WILL rain. And in fact, we will do all this calling JUST AS SOON AS WE GET A VOLUNTEER TO TAKE THIS ON!
Until that magical day, our “rain-outs” policy is simple:
- No one will ever (likely) call you.
- If it is evident that it absolutely WILL be raining at game time, the game will NOT be held. Check the Glebe web site or wait for news from your coach on any revised game date.
- If it has been raining but might stop, or looks like it might start raining, but you can’t really be sure, come on out anyway. Chances are that things will blow over before game time, or will clear up after only a brief rain delay.
- The ultimate call about the playability of a field, including rain, rests with the Head Coach of the home team, until the game is underway. Thereafter, it is totally in the hands of the umpire.
- The home Head Coach can always contact his/her counterpart on the “visiting” team in advance of game time to stay in close touch and make a timely decision on “go/delay/no-go” for any game in question.